What are the advantages and benefits of collagen?
- Maintains youthful-looking skin – boosts elasticity and hydrates, strengthens skin cells, reduces unwanted wrinkles and cellulite
- Healthy and rejuvenated hair – prevents damage to hair follicles, boosts hair growth and makes it thicker
- Improves joint mobility – anti-inflammatory, great for healing arthritis
- Strengthens the bones– increases bone mineral density and lowers chances of getting osteoporosis
- Promotes weight loss – protein and amino acids help retain muscle mass and boost digestion
- Better digestion – restore and strengthens the intestinal lining for healthy bowel function
- Supports a healthy heart – proline (aminoacid) helps wash out the fats in arteries and lowers high blood pressure
Why should you be taking collagen?
Our body naturally produces collagen, but the sad news is that production starts to decline by about 1% per year, starting when you turn 20. Between the ages of 30 and 40, most people will lose between 10% and 20% of their collagen, skin becomes less elastic, the hair slowly loses its shine, and wrinkles appear, which become more pronounced with age. Even nails become more brittle. Therefore, you should provide the body with an additional source of collagen, which stimulates the natural process of collagen formation.
Collagen can also be obtained from certain foods and collagen supplements. So could you simply drink bone broth or eat lots of dark green vegetables? Well yes, of course! Bone broth is rich in collagen, gelatine and amino acids, but you would need to eat a whole truckload of soup or vegetables for the same benefits. The vast majority of us already drink and love bone broths, mostly for many health benefits, but they simply don’t contain as much collagen as we need for a therapeutic dose.
How much should you consume daily?
Clinical studies have shown an improvement in skin elasticity and a reduction in the appearance of wrinkles after eight weeks of consuming 5g of Naticol collagen peptides daily. Skin homogeneity and skin radiance also improve after eight weeks of consuming just 2.5g of Naticol collagen peptides per day. The recommended daily intake is 10g (2 teaspoons). Stir in a glass of water, lemon water or orange juice, leave for two minutes to dissolve and drink. With 10g of powder, you get 5g of Naticol collagen peptides.