Coconut kisses – recipe
Why do we call them coconut kisses? Originally they were called Macaroons, and later when coconut added they got the name coconut kisses. You can prepare the recipe by following the answers of the most frequently asked questions about this delicious vegan coconut dessert.
What do they taste like?
Coconut kisses have a sweet coconut flavour due to the coconut flour prepared from raw natural coconut flesh and the coconut sugar. The chocolate filling in the middle of coconut kisses, which is made from cocoa powder and cocoa butter, additionally gives a divine flavour. Can it sound any better?
Is it a healthy dessert?
Coconut is full of nutrients, dietary fibres and minerals that are important for our body. Coconut kisses are also recommended for all those who have problems with blood sugar levels and need insulin, as coconut in them speeds up the good functioning of the pancreas and insulin secretion, while lowering high blood sugar levels. Coconut and coconut water are effective in detoxifying our body when an electrolyte imbalance occurs.
How long can we store the coconut kisses?
Once prepared, these coconut kisses are good for another 5 days. Make sure to keep them in the refrigerator and take out just before serving.
What can we serve them with?
These dessert goes great with coffee or tea. Make it for your picnics or trips, as it does not spoil and is easy to serve. If you go on a trip and have something sweet in mind, coconut kisses are the perfect dessert.
How to prepare the coconut kisses?
Aquafaba is the water that remains after cooking chickpeas, the easiest way to get it is to buy already cooked chickpeas and strain it.
- First we prepare the dough. Take a larger bowl and put coconut flour, plain flour, coconut sugar, vanilla sugar, melted coconut oil and aquafaba in it. Knead everything well with your hands. If the dough is a little too hard, you can add a little more oil and knead again. Wrap the prepared dough in a food wrap and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- While the dough is cooling, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper. Take the cooled dough and shape it into medium size balls with your hands
- Place the shaped coconut balls on the baking tray. Make sure to leave few centimetres of space between them, as they will spread a little during baking. Before putting them in the oven, use you thumb or end of a spoon and make an indentation into the center of each coconut ball, here we will add the chocolate filling later.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. When baked we put them in the refrigerator to cool down and meanwhile we prepare the chocolate filling.
- Melt the cocoa butter at a moderate temperature. Prepare a large bowl and put the ground coconut sugar, cocoa powder and rice drink powder. Slowly pour the melted cocoa butter into the bowl and mix everything again with the food processor. Add the chocolate filling on top of the coconut kisses and place them in the fridge for few more minutes.
Products in cart
Special offer only here!
Add to your order and save!
Formula with coenzyme Q10, vitamin C and B-complex for protection against oxidative damage
Matcha Chai latte
Healthy and tasty alternative to coffee
The highest quality and the most bioavailable form of B vitamins